Best 4 Foot Patio Umbrellas Reviews: Get Shaded!
are a great way to provide instant shade when you are hanging out outside. They come in lots of different sizes which can really provide ample shading for large groups, but what if you are short on space? In comes 4 foot patio umbrellas.
You could be someone who needs a small patio umbrella to provide shade for a 2 seater outside your restaurant, or maybe you have couple patio conversation set which needs a small amount of cover, or maybe you have a tiny balcony which you and your partner likes to chill out over some drinks. We are quite lucky in that we have sufficient space to use a regular patio umbrella, but we have actually gotten one for our kids as they love the idea of a mini shade exclusive for them!
Anyhow, the truth is it is quite difficult to find such a size, since most patio umbrellas starts from 6ft and up. We dug deep and managed to put together this 4 foot patio umbrella review so you don’t have to waste your time searching high and low!
P.S. if you know of other models, please shoot me a message to include it here!
Without further ado, let’s dive in and find out which are the best small patio umbrellas.
4 of the Best 4 Foot Patio Umbrellas
Before we review each of the patio umbrellas, I just want to point out again that finding one that has a 4-foot diameter is pretty tough. This means that some of the models mentioned here are actually slightly larger than 4 feet. Be sure to measure the space you have before purchasing them as you don’t want to end up with something you can’t use.
1. ROWHY Patio Umbrella Rectangular Outdoor Portable Umbrella With Push Button Tilt and Sand Anchor UV 50+ Protection 6.5×4.5 for Beach, Garden, Deck, Balcony
Rowhy is a company that specializes in making umbrellas, and they produce a number of different types that suits unique needs. You can find beach umbrellas, market umbrellas, and patio umbrellas in their lineup.
This particular model is designed to fit into tight spaces as it has a diameter of only 4.5 ft, and it is portable enough to bring to other outdoor spaces such as the beach or the park.
At the bottom of the fiberglass pole, there is a sand anchor which allows you to set it up fairly easily and quickly without the need for a heavy base.
With the click of a button, you can open it up and also disassemble it for storing.
Guess what, it even comes with a push button tilt function that really makes this a value for money purchase.
Add all the above to the waterproof and UV resistant canopy, this is a real winner!
- Sturdy frame with metal ribs
- Easy to put together and operate
- Decent quality canopy that can block out rain and sun
- Affordable price
- Not many colors to choose from
- Canopy is not fade resistant
- Entry level model is not built to last beyond a couple of years
- Will not stand up against strong winds
- Type: Portable Outdoor Umbrella
- Shape: Rectangle
- Choice of canopy colors: Red, Orange, Dark Green, Beige
- Frame material: Fiberglass
- Weight: 7.13 pounds
- Dimensions: 6.5 feet (W) X 4.5 feet (L) X roughly 9 feet (H)
This is a decent investment considering that the price is very reasonable. You should not be expecting top-of-the-line quality. It will be suitable if you are not overly fussy and desire an easy to use, portable, and functional small patio umbrella.
[button text=”Check price” radius=”10″ link=”https://amzn.to/3DCL96M” target=”_blank” rel=”sponsored”]
2. Above All Advertising Best 4 Feet Brolliz Square Wood Market Umbrella – Outdoor Garden Patio Umbrella
This is probably favorite small patio umbrella out of the lot mentioned in this list. Why? It’s really elegant looking and is probably the best sturdy patio umbrella for the money. While it is not the cheapest, its quality can compare to some higher end models, no question.
This small market umbrella, typically used by merchants to keep themselves and their customers out of the sun, is well adapted to home use for patios, decks, and backyards. Because of its classy and sleek design, it can really add a touch of style to your overall decor too.
The product is made with a solid wood frame, complete with strong ribs to support the solid white polyester canopy. If you shop around long enough, you will notice that wood is a premium material used to construct patio umbrellas and can easily go into the hundreds. That’s why I find this one to be of great value.
- High quality and durable wood frame and ribs that withstand light to medium strong winds
- Beautiful and classic design that stands out
- Pulley opening system ensures longevity even if the umbrella is opened and closed regularly
- Additional wind vent above the canopy top to improve air circulation
- Excellent customer service and support
- Made by a manufacturer that supplies to top restaurants around the world
- Only one color to choose from (at this time)
- Not able to tilt to adjust the shade angle
- Does not come with base
- Type: Market Umbrella
- Shape: Square
- Choice of canopy colors: White
- Frame material: Wood
- Weight: <11 pounds
- Dimensions: 4.8 feet (W) X 4.8 feet (L) X 7 feet (H)
This is a great addition to any homes, bistro, cafes, restaurants, and resorts where you need a simple and elegant solution to shading. It is made with high quality materials and can withstand frequent usage.
[button text=”check price” radius=”10″ link=”https://amzn.to/3Dzj0xi” target=”_blank” rel=”sponsored”]
3. AMMSUN 7ft × 4.6ft Rectangular Patio Umbrella Outdoor Market Table Umbrella Steel Pole and Ribs Push Button Tilt
This patio umbrella from Ammsun provides up to 32 square feet of shade, which is really excellent for most homeowners who needs a small patio umbrella.
The rectangular shape allows for horizontal coverage that is common is settings such as poolside lounge chairs, conversation sets, or even an outdoor couch.
In terms of the pricing, it matches up well with other models in the market due to its affordability and use of good quality materials, making this a really good deck umbrella.
It is built with a steel pole and ribs to ensure high stability in the presence of wind and rain. I particularly like the model look it gives to a home.
Setting this up is a breeze too as it adopts a push button mechanism. This process takes barely a minute so you can get started right after it is shipped to you!
- High quality steel pole and ribs that make up the frame of this patio umbrella
- Easy to use push button for opening and closing
- Ability to tilt the umbrella to adjust the shade angle
- Polyester canopy provides good UV protection as well as being waterproof
- Safety bolt to ensure safety while using the patio umbrella
- Does not come with a base
- Not for wind and heavy rain
- Type: Patio Deck Umbrella
- Shape: Rectangle
- Choice of canopy colors: Taupe, Creamy/Yellow, Maroon, New Maroon, Gray
- Frame material: Steel
- Weight: 7.44 pounds
- Dimensions: 7 feet (W) X 4.6 feet (L) X 7.5 feet (H)
This is a classic design which can fit into most patios and backyards. An extra bonus is that it is very lightweight, which mean that you can bring it around easily and set it up for picnics or other outdoor activities.
[button text=”Click me!” radius=”10″]
4. Aruba Turquoise Patio Half Umbrella
And finally, last on our list is the Aruba patio half umbrella. In case you are unaware what patio half umbrellas are, they are simply regular patio umbrellas made to be half their size. This satisfies the need for some homeowners or business owners where they wish to have a small patio umbrella to be flush against a wall.
Aruba is a popular patio umbrella manufacturer and we can attest to their quality, having owned a few of them in the past.
For this particular model, it is the smallest size we can find anywhere online. Although it is small, it does a good job of blocking out the sun especially on sidewalks or balconies. Think of it as a portable awning.
This model is made of high grade steel which gives it the stability to withstand light wind and rain, but you do have to make sure it is installed properly.
The polyester is waterproof and fade resistant, which allows you to use it over several seasons.
I like the use of a crank handle that ensures opening and closing is super simple.
- Perfect for those with space constraints
- High quality materials used
- Easy to clean
- Color options are vibrant and adds style to your home
- Does not come with base (purchase it separately here)
- Height is not adjustable, will have to saw if it is too high
- Type: Patio Half Umbrella
- Shape: Rectangle
- Choice of canopy colors: Turquoise, Navy Blue, Natural, Red, Black Stripe, Orange, Khaki
- Frame material: Steel
- Weight: 10 pounds
- Dimensions: 100.5 inches (W) X 46 inches (L) X 91 inches (H)
If you are looking to add some shade to your sidewalk, balcony, or cafe, this is an excellent value for money option. I personally love the black stripes design as it is so cute! I think my kids will love it.
[button text=”Check price” radius=”10″ link=”https://fave.co/3DA6627″ target=”_blank” rel=”sponsored”]
How heavy should the base be?
As you can see, patio umbrellas don’t necessarily come with a base to provide the structural support. I think it is good that they can be purchased separately as some homeowners might already have their own solution such as a table with a hole meant for umbrellas.
This allows you to save on the cost, but what if you need one. How heavy should the base be for a 4 foot umbrella?
In general, I recommend that you use a weight measurement of 10 pounds per foot of umbrella, and since most of the umbrellas are 7-9 foot tall, a base of 70-90 pounds is sufficient.
Finding a 4 foot patio umbrella can be quite tricky, so I hope that this post has made your life easier! Be sure to read reviews from other shoppers and consider the price that you are paying. Entry level patio umbrellas are great for short term use. Just don’t expect them to last forever! Check out this patio umbrella size chart if you’re trying to figure out how much it can cover.
If you wish to use a solid structure instead, check out gazebos or pergolas too as they can be a permanent solution to your shading needs.
Before you go, consider checking out our Outdoor Furniture collection or one of these popular posts:
- Best Choice Products 16ft Extra Large Outdoor Patio Market Umbrella with Cross Base and Crank Review
- Best Choice Products 81lb. Heavy Duty Concrete Umbrella Base Stand w/Wheels Review
- Obravia vs Sunbrella: Which Fabric is Better?
- Best Rattan Wall Mirrors
- Best Outdoor Garden Wall Mirror Ideas
- 109 Stunning Beach Themed Bathroom Ideas That Will Blow You Away
- 8 Best Alternatives to Command Strips For Hanging Wall Decor And More
- Ultimate Mattress Buying Guide