In today’s post, I wanted to talk a little bit about the frameless wall mirror, which doesn’t seem to be getting enough attention as it should be.
While they might lack the pizzazz of Art Deco mirrors, they make that up with finesse and subtleness. They make your home look high end without even doing much!
Also, they can easily fit into most households, since they do not grab much attention. You would never disrupt the peace by having one in your home.
Before you call out “boring”, let’s explore some frameless wall mirrors and how they can fit into your home.
Table of Contents
Best Frameless Wall Mirrors Collection
Choose from a wide range of shapes and sizes here.
[products category=”4619″ columns=”3″ limit=”300″ orderby=”price” order=’asc’]
Why use frameless mirrors?
While most people would instantly search for mirrors with interesting frames, a frameless mirror can be a good alternative for a variety of reasons. There are some obvious scenarios where you would use one, such as in the gym, but they can also be attractive when placed in other areas of the home.
If you want to achieve the following, a frameless wall mirror could well be your answer:
- Classic and timeless look – there is really no need to worry about your mirror going out of style
- Simple, clean, and modern – balance out a room with something that is not flashy
- Match a particular theme or style – most styles have a distinct look, but too much of something can become chaos. A frameless mirror matches with all styles to create balance
- Larger reflective surface – just as in the gym, a frameless mirror has more surface area compared to a framed one
- Easy to clean!
How much does a frameless wall mirror cost?
I think most people would assume that frameless mirrors would cost less, and in some cases that is true.
The price is really dependant on its quality and size though. To make one single large mirror can cost quite a fair bit.
But for budgeting purposes, you really cannot go wrong with setting aside between $20-$80 for one.
Where can I buy frameless wall mirrors?
There are so many options to choose from.
If you want a custom size, you can head to Lowes where they have a mirror cutting service for free as long as you purchase one from them. That’s something you can consider if you want to create your own shadowbox wall mirror.
Alternatively, you can check out the usual suspects like Amazon, Home Depot, and Walmart. They often have great deals and offer free shipping, which is really awesome if you are buying a large wall mirror. They can get quite heavy.
Obviously, you can also head out to hunt one down in home decor shops, but I would say that frameless mirrors are a tad tougher to find, which is why I go online instead.
They always have something unique that you can’t really find anywhere else. While the prices are typically higher, I find it worthwhile to invest in a high-quality piece from time to time.
Framed vs frameless bathroom mirror
I think that the majority of people would opt to use a frameless mirror only in the bathroom, which is not surprising since they are probably clueless about how to place them elsewhere.
So, which option should you go for in your bathroom? Framed or frameless?
Below are a few tips you might want to consider.
Frameless bathroom mirrors pros:
- Timeless design
- Works well with all styles
- Typically can cover the entire wall from right above the backsplash
- Large reflection area so a couple can use it at the same time
- Easy to wipe down, low maintenance
- Works well especially in smaller spaces
Frameless bathroom mirrors cons:
- No storage space
- Might have sharp edges and easy to chip off
Framed bathroom mirrors pros:
- Can enhance the look of a bathroom
- Blends well with existing design and style
- More options available
Framed bathroom mirrors cons:
- Susceptible to corrosion as they cannot handle humidity well
- A wrong choice can really make your bathroom look weird, or worse, ugly
Well, after reading this post, I hope you have a better idea about whether to choose a frameless mirror for your home or not.
Do consider them for your next renovation or makeover project.
As always, happy shopping!